Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Mehtab Mowgli

Spectrum Duck Luck Club


I started writing a novel

The ducks don’t bleed from my pluma

Capturing the duckling kisses

Left an indelible impression on my lillypads 

When I was a teen age poet

My parents gave me strict beak bites

“No Liberal Arts- Science or Mathematics and maybe…Law School”

I ducked into an English Literature degree


Prematurely panicked.

I thought my poetic wings were too weak.

Pelicaned to the Dot.com disastrous bubble.

I surrendered not believing in my sing song quacks.


When I landed in the chaotic orbs of the business world.

My neck was almost guillotined 

I almost became the Thanksgiving duck dinner 

The SVP interested in crushing my delicate willow bones


I flew back to Midsummer’s Night Dream

Mesmerized and dazed by Ariel’s musical spells.

Connected with the Spectrum Poetry Society.

We share our chalices of French brioche bread

And get drunk from the shared ambrosia words every Saturday afternoon.


Even though I struggle with the pace of my duck luck club.

Swimming alongside, or behind, is sweet breadsticks

I have discovered I have the grit to keep swimming the pond

Because weaving poetry is such sweet bliss.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mehtab Mowgli

Spectrum Duck Luck Club I started writing a novel The ducks don’t bleed from my pluma Capturing the duckling kisses Left an indelible impres...