Saturday, March 20, 2021

Joseph Grieco

 

Drawing by Marsha Grieco

French Luck


I’ve been daydreaming, picturing the streets around the Sorbonne


I’ve been smoking in bed again

I’ve been aching to go to the racetrack


I’ve taken to drinking again

I’ve been cleaning my gun and imagining the hunt


Get me to a barber who knows my name, and how to cut a flat top with fenders

I want to sit in a barber chair, listen to a ballgame on the radio


I’ve been craving the hard jaunt of a Harley shovelhead

I’d like to hear the crack and echo of nine ball

I’ve been wanting to lean on a cue


It feels like I ought to be someplace else, n’est pas?


I’ve been blowing French smoke rings in bed again

I’ve been dreaming my luck would change


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mehtab Mowgli

Spectrum Duck Luck Club I started writing a novel The ducks don’t bleed from my pluma Capturing the duckling kisses Left an indelible impres...