Saturday, March 20, 2021

Jeffry Michael Jensen

 

Lucky Ducks in a Row!


Altadena was worth 22 years or maybe 23

never worth any more than 25 unless she was a redhead

West Covina was all clowns and not worth a plugged nickel

I always attempted to respect my elders

I never could sleep easy with a fool on the loose

it is not very original or even close to traditional

when the top is down on the getaway car

midnight should never push couples into sex

but then again sex should stay as diverse as possible

I slipped across the border into Pasadena before sex got

real complicated and the cook headed for the hills before first

light could believe that the ingredients could turn sour

someone tried to push the menu on the innocent

without having anyone go green around the gills

I had expected good luck to give me a gaggle of braless customers

but it was always bowling for a six-pack that made me come up blindly naked

I pushed back at time as far as it would go

bending reality can be such a hoot in the noonday sun

with my sixth sake in hand, I counted all the orange ducks

that could fit in the backseat of a Sierra Madre hearse

before it could hurry into the slow lane of a lucky life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mehtab Mowgli

Spectrum Duck Luck Club I started writing a novel The ducks don’t bleed from my pluma Capturing the duckling kisses Left an indelible impres...